Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Book review of "From Eternity to Here" by Frank

I was contacted by a publishing company and asked to do a review on a recently published christian novel....welp...here is that review...enjoy the break from Speech & Feeding :)

This book was an in-depth, thought provoking journey through God's word intrepreted for the "every day reader". Frank began with God's beginning...the story of "adam & Eve" and then walked the reader through the bible all the way until the story of revelations. It was very insightful, intriguing, personal account of the greatest love story the world has ever known, the story of Jesus Christ.

"From Eternity to here" is a book that makes a comparison, one that Christ himself makes thoughout the bible, of Jesus being the "groom" and the "Bride" being his church. As I read the pages in the first portion of this book I was captured by how Frank described in detail the love that Jesus has for us....his bride...his church. I couldn't wait to get to the next chapter to learn more and understand more fully what exactly "God's purpose" is...I felt like a child who was caught in awa as she realized just how truly awesome our father in heaven is....and how much he loves us!!

At the end of the book Frank ties everything together and then energizes the church to rise to the standards that Christ set forth for us. He speaks of how when Jesus came that he taught of "his body" aka the "church" being united. It made sense to me..how if we (i.e., christians) are the arms, hands, legs, and feet of Christ...that we must be united...because anything less than a "whole" form does not allow Christ to have all the "parts of his body" working fluidly...and without fluidity..his body (i.e., the church) is not fulfilling God's purpose to the standard that he gave us...we are not giving it 100%. In the book of John in the bible...Jesus talks of uniting..that there should be no division amount the churches..and Frank breaks down that passage and helps his readers to fully understand the weight and urgency of that message. This book also gave me a re-newed passion to dig further into the word of God (aka the bible) to learn more about my heavenly father.

I caution though that I am not a "biblical scholar" nor do I claim to be "well versed" in everything that God says in the bible...so...although I truly enjoyed the book...I have to wonder if it was actually based on the true word of God or Frank's interpretation of the word of God. We recently talked about, in our small group bible study how to discern if something is "from God" or if it is not...like that guy who wrote "your best life now"...sometimes things sound convincing and sound "peachy" but they don't line up with God's word. Sooo...what I am saying is...sadly I don't know enough about the bible to say if Frank's book is true or not...but I can say that the book is good...very good and...when more people read the book that are "Well-versed" in the bible...please share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment